Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering VT ( how to ) and camber kit

vtonp

Reaction score
Members Ride
'98 VT commodre
i recently purchased a 98 VT, the car was put back to standard height by the owner for roadworthy etc etc.
It already has shortend struts and he gave me the super lows springs to chuck in it.... is it as simple to put as every1 is telling me ?
also what sort of cost am i looking at for a camber kit ? can anyone recommend a certain brand or shop to purchase from ? ( in melbourne )

ALSO ..... after scanning my car the other day n having a tutu under the bonnet im pretty sure i need a new CAS. is this a simple task on a VT for a DIY backyard job ?

thanks

stevesvx2001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6
you can do them but there not exactly simple just get yourself a spring compressor from repco

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
also what sort of cost am i looking at for a camber kit ? can anyone recommend a certain brand or shop to purchase from ?
For a VT you'll need a 4 pt Kit. We do the Whiteline one for $179 shipped to you.

Regards,
Greg

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
For a VT you'll need a 4 pt Kit. We do the Whiteline one for $179 shipped to you.

Regards,
Greg

This is the same as everyone else says (pedders ect...)
Why do you guys recommend a 4 point kit (camber & toe) when Holden themselves recommend just a 2 point kit (camber) for lowered vehicles?

Fair enough.. get a 4 point kit "just in case" but their more expensive and not even recommended by the manufacturer?

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Because Holden are friggin stupid, when you have it sitting really low you NEED a 4 point kit as a 2 point doesn't allow enough adjustment.

The camber kits themselves aren't expensive, its the installing. Pedders quoted me 580 for a 4 point camber kit and wheel alignment, so thats about 400 in labour when you break it down...

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ Yeah... I find that pedders parts are good... but their prices and service isn't crash hot.

Anyway,

Holden recommend a 2 point because they are only able to make recommendations for a factory spec car. So they are recommending a 2 point for FE2.

Going lower, you want 4 point and in particular with the VT which has issues with back end camber.

The lowerin itself is an easy job but putting in the camber kit is a pain... plus you need to adjust it properly so this is not really a backyard job.

Only other thing, remember when your doing the back... handbrake OFF! :p

Good luck!

Smashn2nd

330 Reasons To Drop 2nd
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1 S2
yeah i only put 2 point in my vx and its fine.
i have lovells super low and kyb shockys in peaced of cake to fit, but if u have shortened shocks
and standard springs i would recommend getting a spring compressor from repco like steve said makes
life easyer,

i used the brand nilothane (if thats how u spell it) and fitted them my self (wat a bitch):bang:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ Yeah... need 2 spring compressos if you're planning on doing the job yourself. Forgot to mention that.

You have to compress the spring on both sides to SAFELY get it out.

A 2 point will do in a VX because they tweeked the rear suspension setup in them from the VT.

They added a something or other, sorry, much too drunk to remember exactly what they did.

Smashn2nd

330 Reasons To Drop 2nd
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS LS1 S2
yeah i think they had a small amount of ajustability on the camber from factory
in the vx.

chrism182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6.0 ltr M6
^^^ Yeah... need 2 spring compressos if you're planning on doing the job yourself. Forgot to mention that.

You have to compress the spring on both sides to SAFELY get it out.

A 2 point will do in a VX because they tweeked the rear suspension setup in them from the VT.

They added a something or other, sorry, much too drunk to remember exactly what they did.

I heard that the VX Series 1 need a 4 point because the different rear suspension didn't come in until series 2. Is that true?