Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering VT ( how to ) and camber kit

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I heard that the VX Series 1 need a 4 point because the different rear suspension didn't come in until series 2. Is that true?

Yep, unless it was an HSV which got the rear toe link earlier

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
I heard that the VX Series 1 need a 4 point because the different rear suspension didn't come in until series 2. Is that true?
Correct! VP-VXI IRS all NEED a 4 pt kit to do it properly. VXII Onwards can get away with a 2pt kit, but IF you're going super low, then a 4pt kit is preferred as it will give more adjustment than the half factory adjustment.

kevo08

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina s1
Hey guys wana put super super lows in my vt but wanted to no exactly how much lower it will make it

DarkLanDeamon

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Falcon (wanting VT Wagon)
vt 98

i recently purchased a 98 VT, the car was put back to standard height by the owner for roadworthy etc etc.
It already has shortend struts and he gave me the super lows springs to chuck in it.... is it as simple to put as every1 is telling me ?
also what sort of cost am i looking at for a camber kit ? can anyone recommend a certain brand or shop to purchase from ? ( in melbourne )

ALSO ..... after scanning my car the other day n having a tutu under the bonnet im pretty sure i need a new CAS. is this a simple task on a VT for a DIY backyard job ?

thanks

i got camber kit from repco for $200 from a mate & fitted for $200 then you have to have the camber adjusted.dont try puting them in your self, use a pro.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Pedders are shocking on prices and labour, all be it they are great at what they do. But $900 for front end bushes shocking. Was to scared to ask about a camber kit.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
im a quallified tire fitter and wheel aligner and if you dnt wana relpace tires every few months a 4 point kit is optimum. its the same as anything do you really need the best to get results but if u want the best out of your car u need better equipment. being a wheel aligner i know from expierence that 4 point in any commodore is alot better for rear adjustment because camber will also adjust tow and vice verca for the price of a 4 point kit i know id rather spend a once off payment on that then repeated payments on tires

AustinPD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Acclaim
Hows this for a price difference I was quoted over $800.00 for a 4 point kit from on Pedders store and $590.00 from another, you better shop around but I've found the norm is between $500.00 and $600.00 but $800.00 plus is a pure rip off.

Austin..

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
replacing the springs is an easy job if you are half capable. you will need spring compressors, a few ring spanners, a socket set, a jack or 2 is better, stands, wheel nut remover, a small prybar of some kind to lever out the rear springs and about 2 hours and a few beers. afterwards a wheel alignment is required too but put ur camber kit in first.