Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

RedVU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2002
Hey so I’m looking at lowering the rear my VU 2002, I got 20” rims on. I got some people saying to go sl as id need my guards rolled for ssl. But others saying to not bother with sl cause it won’t really do anything and ssl will be fine. Any thoughts ?

Attachments

• 18DE6FDD-CA7C-4761-9EF9-EC2521769B05.jpeg
    18DE6FDD-CA7C-4761-9EF9-EC2521769B05.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 125

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
If you're concerned about ride quality, those 20 inch wheels are already not helping... There's a video on YouTube on how not to lower your car and I think it's a good demonstration of what SL's and SSL's may look like on your car...

I think there was SSL's on the rear but you'll have to double check by watching the video (skip towards the part where he's putting the springs)

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Rolling the rear guards will put future potential buyers off .... In fact lowering the vehicle will put many future buyers off... I wouldnt be interested in a ute thats been lowered and had the rear guards rolled . Good Luck with speed humps and driveways... because although the law has minimum heights for vehicles the same doesnt apply for driveways and speed humps...roading engineers are a law unto themselves.....lol

Last edited:

kandlrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 94 v6 sedan
I lowered my previous VU, it had some towing pack raised spring on it which I couldn’t remove without an angle grinder. I put SL springs in it as I still wanted it to drive nice and not look like a beat up skid pig. I also put VE 18s on it with the correct size tyres. It was supposed to have SL’s on the front but i think they were actually SSL’s as they were a bit too low and harsh on the front.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Im yet to see a vu or vy on 20's with ssl springs in it that I thought would pass a roadworthy, you know that part about the wheels not hitting the body .