Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VY with IRS

breast69au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
This is the negative camber that i have on the back of my car and there is nothing, atm, i can do about it, until they develop one that is strong enough to work on my car. and the second picture is my tyre. and yes i need new ones, but they grip really well in the dry :dance: . but in the wet there :rip:. it doesnt cause a problem that you shouldnt get it. lowering looks great and also makes the car handle so much better then stock, but say every 5000klms get the rear tyres swapped left to right.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    698.5 KB · Views: 396
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 523

Madmik

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais 5.7L
This is Fixable

Mate check this site here
Redranger Nolathane for longer life suspension systems
, it's from Nolathane and look at kit #46138A
I't an IRS kit to go on VY+ commodores and VX2 i think. If car doesn't have Toe Adjustment then you will need 2 kits. Been on the phone to them this morn and they explained it to me. It will fix your problem.

And for this "but say every 5000klms get the rear tyres swapped left to right"
mate not very safe thing to do unless depending on how you drive, if you want your wheels exploding at highway speed up to you.

And with King Springs for my Calais spoke to manager and he advised me there was up to 25 different types of springs they could put in it. Variable rate - heavy duty extra heavy duty (in clubsports) etc etc etc Don't think they are too harsh at all, and i have extra heavy duty on front heavy duty on rear. Forn's a little spongy but that's the shocks(standard) they'll be changed for some nice KYB shockies soon

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
hey mate im getting my vy s2 acclaim DROPPED! on thursday haha ill keep everyone up to date in the suspension + wheels thread, it depends on how low u want to go. Any lower than fe2 a camber kit is recomended for as stated even tyre tread. However with how low im choosing to go, I need not only a camber kit but aftermarket front caster brushes - to stop front wheels moving forwards whilst brakeing and get my guards rolled. It depends on how low you want to go, I would strongly advise that you VISIT IN PERSON not over the phone a suspension ctr. You'll most likely get ripped off by Pedders etc, try a local suspension ctr, you can bargain with them :p

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
dont know who you guys are getting to do your suspension
but i have SL on the front and SSL rear and have no camber kit and my car doesnt scrub the inside of my tyres out
VX2 and up have multi link rear end so you dont need a camber kit