Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering VZ anyone got snaps?

Ryd3rr

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Calais 3.6L
Hey guys,

I brought my VZ Calais with Pedders "touring springs" I am unsure of what that translates too, but seems to be about SL . . . I am looking to go SSL or SSSL .. Does anyone have photos of their VZ's on either. . And what is the exact measurement from cap to guard on SSL and SSSL :)

Thanks guys, much appreciated ! :boxing:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Here's mine with sl front and ssl rear. It was all legal at about 110mm and I even had the cops with the roller under it and they couldn't ping me. Now I have an oxforce exhaust which sits lower and makes it under 100mm.

ss1.jpg

Ryd3rr

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Calais 3.6L
Wazza that looks great . . . I dunno how much lower it look than mine to be honest :/ maybe mine is lower than first thought lol

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Wazza is your car on kings or pedders?

Kings, have pedders in the other car so I wanted to try something else.

Wazza that looks great . . . I dunno how much lower it look than mine to be honest :/ maybe mine is lower than first thought lol

Yeah it looks good on 20s because they almost tuck, sometimes they do on a bit of a hill lol. I have my 18's on atm and it doesn't look as low.

Sssl's look mad but they will Piss you off trying to fit big wheels. Definitely need guard rolling. I had to roll the hell out of mine to fit the 20's on, didn't help that they still had the big ve tyres on haha! Another problem with sssl is you won't pass if a cop throws his roller under there.

Last edited:

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
cheers man, I just got ssl rear and sl fronts for my vz and I was worried if it would be legal but looks like I should be fine!

Sorry for jacking your thread ryd3rr!

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
I know ssl in the rear is borderline legal but what about sl in the front, is that still above the legal height

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
I dont understand all the sl ssl sssl lingo but i have a VT with king Ultra low springs in the front and Jamex 75mm drop from standard SS height or 90mm drop for Executive height. She's pretty low but i only drive it once a week at the most. attached is an old pic of what it looked like 2-3 years ago and 1 is recent photo taken with phone so quality is rough.

ute 345.jpgcar photoshoot 006.jpg

Panther_Brad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6ltr
uploadfromtaptalk1391178146895.jpg
Fairly sure that was what we put in mine SL front and SSL rears with Monroe GT shocks
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryd3rr

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Calais 3.6L
That is sacked man! Ultra's are even lower!! Looks mad!