Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering WM Caprice

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Hi all,

Had my Caprice for a few months now, love it but I want to drop it a small amount as it does sit quite high even for my standards.

In keeping with the rest of the car I am only wanting it lower a little (trying to keep it within the stupid eye-brow height law here in SA). With that in mind I'm looking for about 1 inch all around, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
5 adults and their golf clubs should just about do it.
Seriously though there is a ton of threads on here regarding ride height/ spring-shock/ coil over/ guard rolling/ non standard rims/ etc.
Just do a few searches or better yet check out the ride section and see first hand what people have done and there modifications. I'm sure you'll find exactly what you are wanting to do.

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Yeah I had a look but the problem is that everybody I have seen so far is basically for VE, which is different to the WM mostly due to the weight difference. I'm not one for 'slamming' the car but most of them that I've seen are way too low for me, all good I might go talk to Pedders or such and see if they have something to suit!

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
the problem is that everybody I have seen so far is basically for VE, which is different to the WM mostly due to the weight difference.

there's not that much difference. Do you know how much heavier the WM is??? The suspension is identical but the spring rates would be slightly higher like a ute or wagon is. Also look up the eyebrows on the ezyreg site as there all over the place. A 2008 clubbie can be 20mm lower then a 2006-7 clubbie in SA

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
hit up a few of the manufactures websites, they often have hub to guard measurements. This will give you an exact idea of ride height

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Here's my old WM with Lovells SL rear and SSL front. It used to have SL all around but after having some Nolathane bushes put in, including strut tops, it lifted the front slightly and it looked stupid so I got some SSLs put in to bring it down again.

1fc6684b.jpg

e9152958.jpg

c62a9ec4.jpg

3510ffc2.jpg

0f5e4b5d.jpg

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Fantastic thanks for the info! If they are SL and SSL I'll see what heights L's would do all around, might be spot on!

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Fantastic thanks for the info! If they are SL and SSL I'll see what heights L's would do all around, might be spot on!

Wouldn't that just be FE2 standard suspension?

stavs347

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wm caprice
Just make sure when lowering you use shortened shocks all round, here is a pic of mine on pedders

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 2,324