Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering??

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
wakesetter_boarder said:
What is the actuel law for how low a car can be in QLD?

100mm (10cm) off the ground but good luck going over speed humps lol and outta steep driveways :b:

Banno

A Ute is your destinty...
Reaction score
Website
shanebannisterphotography.com
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
V8muscle said:
LOL and what do you base this opinion on?? it's still the same kind of steel, there's just s bit less of it. do your research mate. and don't just ask ppl. and if i had a vs commodore, it wouldn't b that much of a shame if there was one less of them lol theyr like ****ing rabbits. i drive an HT

Then may I ask the question... What the hell are you doing in a VR-VS thread??? Doesn't make sense to me that your telling us all about your life when you should be on the old car website...

On a different note, the serial numbers for the king springs can be found on their website, www.kingsprings.com.au, go for the superlows, they're still legal but nice and low :)
Havent got any photos of mine that I can show u tho sorry

Good luck buddy

V

V8muscle

theres an old car website?? cool link plz :p sorry for the derail. im just trying to get 10 posts so i cn advertise my car, which i am having **** luck selling. y doesn't anyone want to buy a muscle car anymore?? stupid fags and their lancers lol

J

JakeAA

buy the springs and shockies and pan hard bar thingy yur self set u back around 700 just look around and install it yur self it aint rocket sceince jeez........................................................................ cuttin springs mite be ok but the springs r just standard commy spings they sh1t soft etc thats y theres no point cuttin them when u just gota get it lower but the springs r still gonna be soft n **** for handling... and if u keep same shocks its gonna be the same as b4.

if that made sence most ov u will kno what im getttin at but theres sum people on here that have no fkn idea wantin prices on here when they get go down to the shop or pick up a phone omg

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
KILLERVS said:
hey you got any side on pics with the lowering? I'll probs just head down to a local joint and see what kings springs they recommend (don't want to go to low as to scrape or anything or illegal) :thumbsup:

serial numbers for vs sedan
front KHFL-47SL
rear KHRL-20HD

just incase anyone needs them

Attachments

• DCAM0100.JPG
    DCAM0100.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 298
  • DCAM0102.JPG
    DCAM0102.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 262
  • DCAM0095.JPG
    DCAM0095.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 316

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
vbcommodoreguy said:
serial numbers for vs sedan
front KHFL-47SL
rear KHRL-20HD

just incase anyone needs them

Cheers mate, you've been a great help.

Just one more thing, were these quoted by your fitter as they seem just slightly different to the ones recommended in the catalogue (fronts = KHFL-47SSL instead of KHFL-47SL), though I still think your ride height is nice and level.

Cheers, Killer :thumbsup:

V

VS1Tonner

i got a quote from City Suspension center in springwood (qld) with

king springs front coil and rear coils for 150 each plus monroe gt gas shock absorrbers for 140 commy front "Z" bar bush for 36, holden panhard rod bush for $16, computer wheel alignment for 45 and the suspension labour is $235 :unsure:

all up it will cost me $777

KILLERVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
VS1Tonner said:
i got a quote from City Suspension center in springwood (qld) with

king springs front coil and rear coils for 150 each plus monroe gt gas shock absorrbers for 140 commy front "Z" bar bush for 36, holden panhard rod bush for $16, computer wheel alignment for 45 and the suspension labour is $235 :unsure:

all up it will cost me $777

Sounds great, is that with monroe shocks in rear only as I am tossing up as to whether or not get them in rear and front or just rear, any thoughts?

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
KILLERVS said:
Cheers mate, you've been a great help.

Just one more thing, were these quoted by your fitter as they seem just slightly different to the ones recommended in the catalogue (fronts = KHFL-47SSL instead of KHFL-47SL), though I still think your ride height is nice and level.

Cheers, Killer :thumbsup:

they were quoted by my fitter (city discount tyres mt barker S.A)

im pretty sure khfl-47ssl = sports super low
khfl-47sl = sports low
if you go low you do not need to replace shocks if you go super low you do need to replace them

standard monroe rear shocks for my vs i was quoted $132 not fitted as i can do that myself

debono55

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais SII
is it hard to install a camber kit? would anyone hav any pics of it installed as i dont even know what it is? and is i have irs what other parts do i need? would i need a panhard adjuster e.t.c and if i dont get shortened shocks could the shocks blow or anything like that?