Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowering

Status
Not open for further replies.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Nah no chance it includes shocks, struts, springs, rear camber kit, 4 wheel alignment and labor. It's a much more involved and expensive exercise than people seem to think.

sickest

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
**** now im scared its going to cost too much, i was only looking to spend around $500....

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
how much would it cost to do it properly? i just got told 400 to lower it so im guessing that includes the rest lol

Generally for springs, front struts, shocks and rear springs in something decent like King Springs/Monroe gear is around $650ish just for the parts no labour.

I'm assuming the mechanic is just doing what you are asking, lower the car, there is a difference between lowering a car and lowering a car properly and safely.

If you can't afford to do it right don't do it, not only are you putting lives at risk including your own but if you are in an at fault accident insurance doesn't have to pay out if they find you have done unsafe mods to suspension components.

Last edited:

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
just save your pennies for a bit longer and do it right the first time , like everyone else here has said. Itll be worth it if you do it properly. The springs/shocks assembly does a pretty important and hard job if ya think about it

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
Nah no chance it includes shocks, struts, springs, rear camber kit, 4 wheel alignment and labor. It's a much more involved and expensive exercise than people seem to think.

Agreed, when you lower a car it changes the whole geometry of the car!

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Check your tyres man. Pic in first post looks like they are on wrong side of car.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i know theres already lots of thread on lowering but i just wanna get a quick answer and cbf scrolling though all the threads
Anyway im going to lower my car tomoz and im not sure what to get, heres a pic of my car View attachment 175106
at the moment im thinking ssl in the back and sl in the front what do yall think? i want it to look good but dont want to scrape over every speed bump.

I think, if you cbf'ed researching stuff yourself, why should anybody bother doing it for you? That's what I think :thumbsup:

D

Don123

Are you sure this is your car? or the car you're dreaming of having.
i know theres already lots of thread on lowering but i just wanna get a quick answer and cbf scrolling though all the threads
Anyway im going to lower my car tomoz and im not sure what to get, heres a pic of my car View attachment 175106
at the moment im thinking ssl in the back and sl in the front what do yall think? i want it to look good but dont want to scrape over every speed bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.