Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lowest legal springs.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
i think even super lows might not be legal. lows probably are (mine passed at a roady but shouldnt have) but you will have to run lowered bumpstops in the rear (if the live axle in sedan is the same as the ute, i have 5mm clearance from the bumpstop). lowered bumpstop in the rear to keep 2/3 of the original suspension travel.

you have to have clearance of at least 100mm from the ground to any piece of the car thats not wheel/brake related in 1 metre forwards and backwards of any axle. also, you cant lose more than 1/3 of the standard wheel travel that your car came out with standard.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
depends if you're exhaust hangs down or not, its 100mm from the lowest point on the car. currently mine fails the coke can test because of the mufflers in the rear. Mines on SL front and FE2 or something in the rear. Lows would be a safer bet.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
lows are not low enough tho..
ive got cut springs at the moment (i didnt put them in and have not not driven with them) i might just get my roady and go ssl's all round. at the moment my muffler is abit under half a coke can high. looks good but scraps even when im putting it in the shed :( so need it abit higher...