Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowest springs

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Cheers guys, if you think she's nice now, check again in a few years :p I have plans haha

ay4jn6.jpg

But yeah, on topic I couldn't get SSL / Ultra Lows, all I've heard is that they're **** as to drive on 99% of the time, but they do look good from a show point of view. If you can handle the **** ride, go for it I guess

Aiden88vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl non turbo
mine sits lower than those photos, handles like a dream. thinking of going lower again due to body roll. not too sure what springs are in mine all i know is that they are pedders.

sorry, didnt see sabbath's photo, mine sits just a lil higher than that, going about as low as sabbath's

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you're getting body roll going lower isnt the answer. Get stiffer swaybars.

In that photo mine's sitting on bumpstops. It was a #### to drive and seriously dangerous.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
If you're getting body roll going lower isn't the answer. Get stiffer sway bars.

I 2nd that. A quick check of eBay found front & back performance sway bars for a total of about $600, but you could probably get them cheaper.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
Not exactly what your after but...

Here's a dogey photo of my work in progress VL, had just fitted King Low's all around, they havent settled yet so they should sit a little lower still.

135868d1330321899-greetings-critical-jim-vl-1.jpg

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i had ultra low rear and super low front, it sat nice and even and it was roughly on the limit for height legalities, imo anything higher then that it doesn't look as good, get some proper shocks aswell and you will be fine, tbh i rathered the firmer suspension when it was lower, and i dont reckon it ever rode like ****

Aiden88vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vl non turbo
ill have a suss at some swaybars then, getting my springs, swaybars, and panhard rod then :D

booma11

Reaction score
Members Ride
253 VH Vacationer
I reckon my old VL had Ultras in the rear and supers up front. Had all the appropriate shocker changes and such, but it still had an awful ride quality.

I was running 18's though......if the car was sitting on 15's with a bit more sidewall I think the ride would have been much more acceptable!

325748_10150339528775141_741555140_9783208_8098410_o.jpg

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
A LOT of people dont understand this.
But in order from highest to lowest it is Low, Super Low or ultra Low.
On Ultra Low Springs it will say SSL, call it whhatever you like, its the lowest.

oh and btw you can get different sizes for different cars, so dont reply to this saying i have sssl in my vr bruz.