Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG conversion for Vy 2004 series 2 sedan?

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
Hi there people just want some advice on a good lpg system for the above car.I'm on a budget so I wont be goning vapour injection.The car has got 10500 k's.I have 3 quotes Sprint gas for $2000,Poliauto for $2200 and Impco for $2500.All start on petrol and flip over to gas.People tell me sprint gas is best suited and impco has problems.Also is the flushlube system worth installing to protect valves etc?

Any advise would be great or personal experiences.thankyou

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Can't comment on any of those systems as I have vapor injection (more than happy with it mind you), however the flashlube is a good "insurance" (if you want to call it that) when your converting to LPG so I'd definitely recommend it... I bought a kit off eBay for about $60 delivered however am yet to install it due to a lack of time but might get amongst it this weekend ;)

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
I havnt used either of the above but I do have Emer Vapour injection which I had fitted in January of this year and it has been great. It cost $4000.00 with first service free and I got a loan car for the day it was converted for that price as well. By the way I dropped it off Friday morning and picked it up Friday night at 5.00pm all done. It starts on petrol and switches over by itself , so far I have had no problems and you wouldnt even notice that it is on gas infact I think it goes better on the gas. Im glad I went the injection.
Also better get in before the end of next month because I think the rebate goes down a bit more.

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
Thanks mate for the reply will look into it.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
I paid $3200 for my vapour injection with a donut tank in the spare tyre well so you don't lose any boot space :) do you live in Sydney by an chance? And yea the rebate goes down from $1500 to about $1250 from memory if you get it done after June...

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
I paid $3200 for my vapour injection with a donut tank in the spare tyre well so you don't lose any boot space :) do you live in Sydney by an chance? And yea the rebate goes down from $1500 to about $1250 from memory if you get it done after June...

Thanks again for the replys.I live in melbourne.I didnt know you can put the donut tank in a sedan?? so were does the spare wheel sit and does this cost extra and how big is the tank.Cheers.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
Yea apparently you can, I'm so glad I opted for it as it's way more practical. Umm I think the donut tank was a couple hundred extra which was down to labour in having to drop the fuel tank and what not to fix it in the tyre well. And it's 54L however that's not it's useable capacity, I can get about 44L in there so it's not as big as a conventional tank obviously...

Tiger28

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Exec
Will ask about this the donut tank.

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
I havnt used either of the above but I do have Emer Vapour injection which I had fitted in January of this year and it has been great. It cost $4000.00 with first service free and I got a loan car for the day it was converted for that price as well. By the way I dropped it off Friday morning and picked it up Friday night at 5.00pm all done. It starts on petrol and switches over by itself , so far I have had no problems and you wouldnt even notice that it is on gas infact I think it goes better on the gas. Im glad I went the injection.
Also better get in before the end of next month because I think the rebate goes down a bit more.
I forgot to add that mine is a wagon with a donut tank andspare wheel holder as well.

Jr689 you got a bargain where was that at I couldnt find anywhere cheaper than $4000.00 and everyone else was $4200.00 and upwards.

jr689

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VYII S 3.8L M5
The company is called Newgas in taren point, bloke by the name of Brian owns it and he's a great bloke and knows his stuff! He teaches LPG installs at tafe as well which is always a good thing! Two of my mates had got conversions done at the same place with good experiences and highly recommended me to him... Very glad they did, cause I didn't even go there with the intention to get gas injection as I believed it would be too much from previous quotes I got 6 months previous!