Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG conversion - Impco vs OMVL. Which?

C

cheongk

i) $500.
ii) One can but hope. Maybe 3-4 months??? depending on availability of tanks. Some of the guys were even quoting 6 months. I don't think that anyone knows or can promise anything as its out of their control. I'm just betting on being earlier in the queue.

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
So do any of you guys who've had LPG installed in their VX (ecotech preferably!) already have any comments?

Has it been reliable? Is is that much cheaper to run?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I've got an Impco system in my Ecotec VX..

Very reliable and cheap to run. It requires an annual dyno tune (12months/20k) or else it starts to mis, backfire and refuse to start. But that's not even an issue provided the system is maintained properly..

The only time the difference between petrol and LPG is noticable is when you need torque. Ie. towing or going up steep hills. All it means though is you need to either switch over to petrol or rev it 500rpm higher on LPG to get the same effect..

It's cheap as chips to run, I filled up a full tank for $27 yesterday and it will last me 450km of city driving. 550-600 if it's all highway..

I love my d00l f00l..

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
ok people finally got my gen3 system fixed apparently it was a wire issue with the tacho was the wrong one or something and thats why it wasnt changing correctly, seem to change very well now

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
well little Johny Howard has got plans for you ... soon he's gonna whack some excise on lpg .... even said he's gonna give people $1,000 towards fitting ... not sure when he's gonna do that ...

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Hey this is glowworm i have had gas on my vt for 6 years an impco system i have done 250,000 km the gas is now starting to play up ,backfireing and running no good and had to reco the heads as they were stuffed is it worth it i dont think it is i am thinking of taking it off and stay on petrol ,,hope that helps ... glow

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
Smithys did a LPG install on my car last week. The level of work they did on it is top notch! Mines running an OMVL setup thoe. Apart from the larger gas injectors being nearly maxxed out i can't fault it!