Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LPG Conversion Pricing

kalu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
i think we would save the planet if we recycle resources .......

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
personally i wouldnt go second hand on things like gas systems, u can get a MIXER system for only a few hundred out of pocket these days if u shop around.

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
no, by all means have your say. i'm not stopping you. you can say whatever you want. but if you want to talk **** then i don't understand why you're so upset about being corrected. i do not have a one sided opinion on the topic, cant you read? i already said that i agree that vapour injection is better than a mixer. the problem is that you are spewing out false and misleading facts about mixer type setups.

"a mechanic informed you that the life of the kits is around 7 years". awesome, that means it MUST be true if a mechanic told you. and i guess the compliance plate on my v6 that said the gas was installed in 1991 must been incorrect as the system lasted for 18 years only requiring a $20 gasket in the time i had it.

"if you can find a mechanic that will just give you a tune". what do you mean by they won't give you a tune? why wouldn't they give you a tune? i got a tune done on my vn at SAS automotive in somerville. if you don't believe me then find their number in the yellow pages and give them a ring. also, i already told you, my gas installer requires a service to be done every 6 months in order to keep the warranty. this costs $90 and includes a tune and i guess they give it a general check over as well.

"Average saving of $1500? You must be high". depends what do you define as average km? i would say 350km/week is average. everyone i know drives more than this anyway - but hey if you can find a real average figure then go ahead and prove me wrong, after all i am only assuming.

case study: barry drives 350km per week and his car uses 14l/100km. over a year, he drives 18,200km and uses 2,548 litres of fuel. at $1.20l, this costs him $3,057.60 a year. if he switched to gas, he would use 30% more which would equate to 18.2l/100km, or 3,312.4 litres over the year, although gas costs 50c/l. in total, this would cost him $1,656.20 a year. this means that barry would save $1401.40 a year.

but yeah, i guess i am high because i didn't take into account the servicing cost of $180/year which brings the saving down to $1,221.40.

i drive 30,000kms a year and my v8 uses a more than the example figures i posted above, which is why lpg is especially good for thirsty vehicles. the more petrol you use the more you save...

just because you had a bad experience with an impco mixer system, it does not mean that every mixer system in the world is bad and that i must be lying when i say i've had nothing but good experiences. i've had problems with holdens in general but i don't go around talking **** telling people not to buy them because all of the various things that go wrong with everyone's commodores and that they would spend more money than they would save if they just didn't buy a commodore at all and just caught the bus. at the end of the day, you can't tell me that your precious vapour injection system won't have components fail as it gets older as well. most people aren't going to keep their cars more than 5 years so in that timeframe i can't see the extra outlay for vapour actually providing any benefit.

exactly, my v6 was using about 15L/100km when i had the gas done, i found instant savings, even when gas is 64c/L which is expensive, its still cheaper. if you dont do a lot of driving then gas probably isnt for you, but if ur kms are in the 8,000km/yr upwards id say go gas. with the tuning only about $60, its like everything, if its looked after it will go for ages (which reminds me mine needs a tune soon :p).
as for the wiring issue, if its done properly there shouldnt be any issues

i think you are just speaking from bad experience dufus,
to the OP if the pros outweigh the cons, just go gas if u dont mind sacrifising a bit of boot space or ur spare.

I have to AGREE with both of you, I've had gas on ALL my holdens never had any major problems with them and i have been saving $$$$$$$$$ (which at the END OF THE DAY, is what everone is after). Well put it this way, over 95% of taxis are on gas (and everyone knows, they are here to make money)If they didn't make money, they would all go back to petrol.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
I have to AGREE with both of you, I've had gas on ALL my holdens never had any major problems with them and i have been saving $$$$$$$$$ (which at the END OF THE DAY, is what everone is after). Well put it this way, over 95% of taxis are on gas (and everyone knows, they are here to make money)If they didn't make money, they would all go back to petrol.

.....and they go for hundreds of thousands of kms in their life

ufo8mycow

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VF
Before you say "FFS SEARCH", I have and there isnt exactly what I'm looking for.

Wanting to get an LPG conversion, just want some prices people have paid and prices anyone has been quoted to do it. I realise prices will vary. I got one quote last week for $3700, thought it was a bit on the pricey side? But yeah any feedback would be great. (Am also aware the rebate is still $1750)
Thanks guys:beer chug:

Its a 6cyl, 1996 VS Sedan.

I got mine done 2 years ago paid 400 bucks out of my pocket. For the old style system

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi, just wanting to know if the rebate is still happening i cant find anything to tell me it isnt... but also cant find something to say it is so let me know please. and also anyone know of anywhere good to install one in sydney for a vr. any help would be great thanks.

5ltvsstaty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5LT STATESMAN
Had my staty done 2 1/2 years ago with a ring system has not given any dramas and done 75000 ks not even been touched cost me $2800 but then got the $2000 back unless you do alot of towing or want every little pony you can squeeze out of it then a ring system is fine if i want a bit more i just push the button and go to fuel

Jon