Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1, 4l60e mild to wild cam and stall options?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all, I'm helping a mate, he has a VX LS1 4l60e, for street use and maybe some power cruise sort of stuff.

The trans has been upgraded with all the usual street stuff like transgo kit and corvette servo ect. It has a new standard stall converter and the engine is stock, but we're going to rebuild the engine and I'm going to add an upgraded cam. I was looking at a few cams.
I'm not too familiar with auto performance as I drive a T56 manual, I was looking at 3.7:1 diff gears and maybe a 2800 stall.

My options for standard stall are cams around the 215-220 intake and 220-23X sort of range.
Cams I'm looking at for a 2800 stall are around 220-23X intake and 24X exhaust so still fairly mildish at the bottom end of the range.
I've heard people say just go 3600 stall is this true?
The intake will be a FAST LSXR 102mm on stock LS1 heads CNC ported, so I have some room to play with in regards to cam selection.

Thanks.
Shane.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Remember going shorter gears means its best increase the stall just for that. So 3600 is probably where you want to be.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Good 4k stally & 3.9 gears will work well with stock ls1 that has all bolt on mods...run low 12's & should turn rear stockies easily enough.

A quick reliable streeter will look & feel like a slug at Powercruise when you're on the track next to big money skid cars.