Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 Conversion Reverse lights

Fonz182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive 5.7 2B
Hi guys
I'm currently doing a LS1/4L60E conversion to a VL. has anyone done this conversion and if so how did you hook up a reverse switch? photos of bracket and switch would be great. Also having trouble with PWR steering lines on RB30 k frame if anyone has photos of that.
Thanks.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Its switched through the black box on the selector shaft of the trans, there should be an in and an out wire on one of the harness connectors at the booster or airbox depending on what model harness you have.

Fonz182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive 5.7 2B
the selector has a 4 contact switch which sends a code to the PCM which sends a code to the PIM which sends a code to the BCM which operates the reverse lights on the car. Since I have got rid of the PIM and BCM now I don't have a output for Reverse lights. for reverse the selector switch has contacts P+C Open and A+B Closed so I think I need to make up a bracket for a aux reverse switch on the selector arm. Correct me if I'm Wrong.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Using factory shifter & inhibitor/reverse makes life easier.

Used a trimatic shifter with 5ltr/4l60 auto & shifter rod on a vk so cant see why jatco or trimatic shifter in vl won't work when they're wired to car seperately not ecu.

Fonz182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive 5.7 2B
works for the 4L60 but the 4L60e has electronic shift so needs to be connected through the ecu

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vr/vs is 4l60e..reverse lights & inhibitor srcew into shifter just like earlier model cars...then go to plug for lights & purple starter wire on trans tunnel.

Ecu goes off speed sensor input for shifting gears.

Fonz182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive 5.7 2B
cool thanks. just found LOKAR do a bolt on aux switch with brackets for $70 part number is BL1400U.