Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 intake manifold Cleaning

Aalbloshi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore WL / Caprice 2005 SS
Hey guys, yesterday i cleaned my WL Ls1 Throttle body All by my Self, it was hella Dirty and The car was rough idling, So now i was wondering Should i Clean the intake manifold by myself or Not, and how should i remove it. ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes. Get the seal kit first.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys, yesterday i cleaned my WL Ls1 Throttle body All by my Self, it was hella Dirty and The car was rough idling, So now i was wondering Should i Clean the intake manifold by myself or Not, and how should i remove it. ?
Degreaser. Hose off. Degreaser and Pressure washer.
Dry off. Use a shop vac (which can blow as well as suck. When it blows it’s nice and warm) or a garden blower, or compressed air if you have a compressor.

I would also be replacing your various PCV and vacuum hoses. Get nice new soft hoses on there.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Can run upper engine cleaner thru it and will clean it up without having to remove the manifold, you spray it into the intake with the engine running, it will clean up the valves and pistons etc at the same time

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Nitrous!!!!!

Seafoam or subaru upper engine cleaner works a trick....make sure car is outside in open area as will be a massive smoke show

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous!!!!!

Seafoam or subaru upper engine cleaner works a trick....make sure car is outside in open area as will be a massive smoke show
What about when you use the cleaner?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Only ever used subaru brand a couple of times...pumped heaps of smoke & can see why they say open or extremely well ventilated lol.

For bit of mythbusting as a young bloke done the atomised spray down carby of my tired daily RA40 Celica & also couple tried ol' 202's when told it was old head's trick on taxis :D