Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 into VH Commodore Wagon (Will it Fit)

V

VH Waggin

Where can I pick up an LS1 and possible conversion kits + running gearto suit dec 1981 vh wagon. I'm in QLD

will is be possible to make it fit

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Short answer: Yes, but I know that your trans tunnel at least will need to be modified.

VKNutt

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK Berlina
LS1 will fit after modification and a helluva lot of mucking around... sugest 308(5L) over 350 (5.7L/LS1) simply for ease of fitting... good kits and stuff can be bought from RLC Engine Reconditioners in Capalaba for both engines...

the LS1 will be a tight fit and please tell me you are gonna replace the gearbox too...

V

VH Waggin

Yes I know that but where can I buy the gear from or is there anything that won't require trans tunnel mods 5.0Ltr or something that I can put twin superchargers onto. I'm also looking at a TKO2 5spd gearbox plus LSD otherwise i'll probly only be able to drive in circles

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
VH Waggin said:
Yes I know that but where can I buy the gear from or is there anything that won't require trans tunnel mods 5.0Ltr or something that I can put twin superchargers onto. I'm also looking at a TKO2 5spd gearbox plus LSD otherwise i'll probly only be able to drive in circles

If you are asking those sorts of questions, either pay somebody a ton of $$$ to do your car for you or forget it. Putting twin blowers on any engine should only be attempted by somebody with a lot of experience.

Reaper