Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 into VT Series 1 V6 (3 plugs nwad brake booster) wiring question?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hi all,

I have a VT V6 Series 1 Commodore that is having an LS1 from a VX Commodore installed, I have picked up a VY lS1/T56 wiring harness (with ecu).
Can this be used? If not, who makes what I need and how much does it cost.

Failing that.
Does anyone have a VT LS1 Manual harness for sale?

Thanks,
Glenn.

H

harrop.senator

I couldn't find the crossover when I Changed to vy interior on my vu and ended up having to go a vy engine harness. I had three service manuals and couldn't find all the correct wiring information for them in any of them .

May be doable but I researched a long time and had to just buy the plug in harness.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I couldn't find the crossover when I Changed to vy interior on my vu and ended up having to go a vy engine harness. I had three service manuals and couldn't find all the correct wiring information for them in any of them .

May be doable but I researched a long time and had to just buy the plug in harness.

Care to mention who sells this plug in harness you speak of?

v8maaate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Gday, I got an vu ss ute for the running gear, in most cases that I have found is that since your putting an ls1 from a earlier model you have 2 options, I have a vy v6 & I was going to use the running gear out of the vu only to find that the basically I had to change the whole dash/wiring to vu in my vy, so I was told to get a vy ls1 dash/harness, or pay an auto electrician that knows how to do the conversion, so it would better to find a vt ls1 dash/harness.
Don't forget that you have to change the fuel lines & fuel pump as well, front K frame & Suspension, trust me my head was spinning with the amount of money that is needed to do this!!!!!!!!!!.

Fonz182

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Executive 5.7 2B
I have a vt Belina ls1 no engine or gearbox but with everything else including lsd diff and k frame so on for $500 if your interested. Still has tank and fuel pump as well. 0407 202 965.