Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ls1 oil filter removal help

bmxtruckin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Stuck oil filter , did the screw driver trick wondering if I can just undo this Allen key spigot out of the filter housing ?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
That's what I use now. Only problem I've found is that the filter tends to stick into the tool. When you remove the tool (with filter attached) you might have to bash it with a hammer (or similar) to remove the filter from the tool. After you have tightened the new filter with the tool, give it a slight bump in the loosey direction to get it to release. (lefty loosey, righty tightey).

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
aeroflow oil filters have a hex on the bottom for a socket nice and easy, also not using a rattle gun to do em up helps too

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
They do need to be fairly tight I've found on the LS. First one I changed I didn't have the socket. It was a nightmare getting it off. I worked out why they need to be tight when a few months later mine started leaking. I've never had a car before that, that needed anymore than a 1/4 turn once the seal touched.