Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS1 to 3.8?

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I wouldn't put a kid in the front seat regardless, too dangerous.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
No point buying the ute , and keeping it doing nothing for 12 months , buy a tow bar for your current car and a trailer $1500 or so max .
or sell the car and get a cheap run around ute .

RavenSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 litre
Not sure how i didnt see this earlier but, what? Seriously? Whats the point in that?

It allows p platers to drive things like diesel's, VW turbo's/sc's, cruze etc which they are small capacity forced induction with the goal of fuel economy, not outright power. why would you restrict a p-plater from driving a 1.4l skoda turbo, just because its FI?

but then it also stops them from driving N/A death machines such as Honda S2000, m3, LS1 powered holden's etc.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
It allows p platers to drive things like diesel's, VW turbo's/sc's, cruze etc which they are small capacity forced induction with the goal of fuel economy, not outright power. why would you restrict a p-plater from driving a 1.4l skoda turbo, just because its FI?

but then it also stops them from driving N/A death machines such as Honda S2000, m3, LS1 powered holden's etc.

Because it also allows them to drive VT SS series 1... earlier Clubsports also. I mean guess it's not all that bad if they decide to exit the gene pool through stupidity but who else do they take with them? the 100kw/1000kg worked so well. It really did.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

You obviously haven't driven a Fabia RS then.

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1

AFAIK they are already able to drive low pressured turbo's in today's cars.

cor3yz

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Wagon Exec / VK 202 EFI
Could always buy a twin cab ute. That's solves your probs

RavenSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 litre
You obviously haven't driven a Fabia RS then.

lol no, i haven't, but add that to the tens of thousands of other cars that i also haven't driven. in the end, all cars are deadly weapons with the wrong person driving them.

I think the blanket rule applies to all turbo's, low pressure or not. the police aren't going to be going around measuring boost pressure, all they do is look for the charger.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
The reality is, that hitting a pole at 80kmph hurts just as much regardless of how quick you got there.

VX Exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
The reality is, that hitting a pole at 80kmph hurts just as much regardless of how quick you got there.

Speed doesn't kill anyone. Its the sudden stop that gets you!