Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ls1 tune devices

St4tic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hi all

Just wondering what program and equipment everyone uses to tune ls1's. I have read a few posts about hp tuners but the program and website it seems haven't been updated since 2013. I have done a bit of reading about efi live and vcm suit and I would like to know the pros and cons of each and which is easier to use if anyone has.

Cheers

manuelmanuel

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VZ Clubsport R8M6
Hey mate. Hp tuners is easier to use supposedly, the interface program is more user friendly. Vcm suit=hp tuners, I'm pretty sure they are same product.
Efi live is a more technical tuning program. Depending on the vehicle, you are allowed more control and have access to more tables.
I bought efi live at the start of the year, and the learning curve is very steep.
If you have any specific questions, just ask.
Hope this helps.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i use hptuners and find it very user friendly and there are always updates last one was about a week ago, between hptuners and efilive they are basicly the same just set up differently and there are some things u can do on one and u cant on the other and vice versa, which ever one u use just keep it simple and small changes at a time and understand what the affects ur changes are making and also get a good wideband if ur adjusting any of the OL fueling, if ur ever unsure of anything just ask a question