Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] LS1 Turbo fuel system setup, help needed.

benjamino

needing some more undies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6spd + 7psi
if anyone knows how to run a twin external fuel pump setup for a turbo ls1 im in need of some help.

could anyone draw a diagram of what fuel lines run to where, if its return/-less, i kinda need a run down of the setup so i know what im doing, as its confusin the absolute shet outta me.

ive got twin bosch 044s with a turbosmart fpr, billet rails, a surge tank, 60lb seimens deka injectors, and some braided lines.
do i ned to disable the intank pump? or ive been told the intank pump feeds the surge. so on, and so forth :bang:
argh so confusing.
any help would be appreciated.
cheers.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Yes, you need to disable the intank regulator.
The original delivery line fills the surge tank, any overflow from the surge tank goes back to the main.(This is why you must disable the regulator in the tank. Otherwise you will burst the surge tank with 58psi in it)
The 044 pumps supply the fuel rails in a return system, the regulator fitted on the rails then returns the fuel to the surge tank.
In a non return system, the fuel pumps supply the regulator which is mounted to & returns to the surge tank. The other port on the regulator pressure side becomes your feed line to the fuel rails.