Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 A/C Commpressor failure.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hi
I own a 2008 LS3 Clubby. I was just driving out of my driveway and my car made a high pitch screaming noise from the engine, i switched off and opened the bonnet. I switched the the engine back on for a few seconds and noticed that the the belt was jammed up and was starting to burn. I put lube on all of the engine accessories ( as i didn't know what was getting stuck.) and this freed it up enough to get it the work shop witch i was on the way to for my 90k service.

Anyway i was told the A/C compressor has failed along with A/C tensor and would need a re gas
I was told this would 2k

Holden have said they can do it for $1,700

I have seen new A/C compressor on Ebay for $ 495
WM V8 AIR Conditioner Compressor LS3 L77 2007 2012 Genuine Statesman Caprice AC | eBay
I was thinking about fitting myself and just getting re gas later. I did try and look for a second hand one at the wreckers but I'm not having any look. Anyone got any ideas on my issue.
Cheers.Ian

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
if you haven't lost the gas get system vac'd out by fridgey, do your repairs and then have the fridgey put back the gas and test,i would put new filter/drier in as well, should save you some brass, as its your gas it shouldn't cost as much, but you may have an issue with the refrigerant/oil being burnt from seizer