Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD Diff Clunk?

low vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS V6,98 VT 5.0 CLUBSPORT,VS V8 UTE 5 SPEED
Thanx low vs ill try the nulon diff oil see i fthat does the trick, & h1ghrollr it mite be the cv joints cos i think the noise happens all the time even first thing in the morning cold
Also is $750 an ok price for a twin 2 1/2 inch difilippo catback system supplied &fitted? or is it abit steep

let us know how it goes mate good luck

antile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EXEC S1 BEING PIMPED
Would love to hear what the actual problem was when u have it fixed mate, my vt exec has same trouble, take off hot or cold then tranny shifts to second and then clunk. miines alot louder when i give it abit more and it sounds like im gonna bust a gear.
good luck and pass on knowledge

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
its just slack in the drivetrain, as you accelerate the slack is taken up betwen the teeth which is the clunking sound you hear. Its common to also hear a clunk when the accelerator pedalis quickly depressed.
Quiet a common problem for commodores.

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
So how much is the fix for this clunking noise? and could i pretty much rule out the diff as the cause of it? If its not a serious problem maybe ill just crank the music up loud and forget about it lol!
Cheers

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
sorry i didnt explain it clearly, yes the diff is the problem with the slack beeing between the pinion gear and crown wheel, most commonly, however it is completely normal and would not let it worry you.
So yea not a serious problem so just crank up the music and youl be sweet, thats what i do