Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD on VT's ?

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
so the vu maloo would have them?

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
sorry to hear that.

still if they said to you it has a lsd, I would chase that up with them, its gotta be against tpa, misrepresentation, or something like that.

good to hear about the rest of the car, being good. I have never regretted getting an lsd put in mine. it was, $400 off ebay, and another $100 to $200 to get fitted with the right oil etc.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Cheap LSD = Bad.

Cone Type LSD's need good setup and tooth contact patterns to be tough, durable and not noisy.

I forked out to get it done right first time. Went from a 3.08 7.5" peg legger to a 3.73 8" LSD on my VT. $1465 with 12 month warranty fitted. Complete rebuild with new bearings and brand new FACTORY GEARSETS. This is the big thing. The metal castings used in the Borg Warner factory gearsets are harder and yet more durable than new repro's. A second hand set with no tooth face wear is much better than a new repro.

However - setting up pre loads and contact patches properley is not a job to do at home, or for a dodgy backyarder. Take it to and old experienced hand to do it properley.

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
going to get mine done tomorrow the pinion bearing has gone so i thought i might as well get it made LSD while its out $750 all up seals oil bearings but im keeping it the same ratio 307 is this a good price?

gogi108

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais l67
going to get mine done tomorrow the pinion bearing has gone so i thought i might as well get it made LSD while its out $750 all up seals oil bearings but im keeping it the same ratio 307 is this a good price?

i'd say thats a good price , got a quote recently for the same job but with a gear change and they said around 1500 .

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
7-800 with the same ratio is about right 14-1500 with a new gears though why you would keep it 3.08 ???

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i have a 5lt v8 ,and on the compliance plate, the axel code no says, i only have standard diff ,check your compliace plate

w1war3na

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss commodore
best way to find out is to do some burnouts on the road, if theres 2 wheel marks shes got LSD