Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSDiff Gears Upgrade

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
Sorry if this question has already been answered but i couldnt find an answer to this specific question. Id like to know what diff gears are factory standard for the vx II ss and what i should upgrade too 3.7? 3.9? i know hardly anything about diffs im ashamed to admit so i dont know which would be best for me and also what is a fair price for getting it done, the cars my daily and the diff is clunking already and the noise is shitting me no end so im using it as an excuse for an upgrade what would be the best diff upgrade for a daily driver and if the diff gears are changed does it affect the traction control in any way, also resale is a consideration.
cheers

mike_is_bored316

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS SERIES II
Since no one answered my Q and i hate waste ill use the thread to ask another question,
I got my ss booked in for a maf-less tune and otrcai it already has new spark plugs and leads and twin 2 1/2 inch difilippo catback still with stock unopened cats, The tune package says it boosts from 225kw too 290kw but since i have a catback would i be closer too 295kw after its done? how many kw would the catback be worth?

Also how many rwkw would i be looking at? 220kw/230kw?
Cheers

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
PM a mod to get this moved to the VT/VX section, get more response there.

I for one never look in this section! I think this is the first time in 6 months?