Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE 12mm Manifold insulator VE Alloytec installation question

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
Hey Guys.

Looking at purchasing one of the 12mm manifold insulators for my 2009 VE Series 1 Alloytec.
Just a quick question in regards to install, I've heard a few people mention that the back bolt is a real pain to get out? How do people end up getting it out and back in?
This is pretty much the only thing holding me back from getting it as it all looks pretty straight forward, I'd just like to know what people recommend with this bolt?

Cheers.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
easiest way to get to it is to undo plastic clips and pull the windshield shroud up

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
easiest way to get to it is to undo plastic clips and pull the windshield shroud up

Thanks mate I'll have a bit of a look tomorrow. Where abouts on the back of the manifold is the bolt located?

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Follow the passenger side two bolt holes back, below the windshield shroud. Install guide points it out. I managed to use a socket and didn't remove that shroud even, as I was lucky to find I one of my extension bars was the perfect length. The fact that's the hardest bit shows how easy it is to do. :)

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Follow the passenger side two bolt holes back, below the windshield shroud. Install guide points it out. I managed to use a socket and didn't remove that shroud even, as I was lucky to find I one of my extension bars was the perfect length. The fact that's the hardest bit shows how easy it is to do. :)

Awesome, thanks mate.
Just had a bit of a look, is this the bolt we are talking about?
hd6i.jpg

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ahh just had another look and I found it. It's not that one at all, it's actually a long one on the drivers side the same as the other 5 bolts on top of the manifold. It's pretty tight in there but I got a normal socket in there and managed to take the whole bolt out fairly easily.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Ahh just had another look and I found it. It's not that one at all, it's actually a long one on the drivers side the same as the other 5 bolts on top of the manifold. It's pretty tight in there but I got a normal socket in there and managed to take the whole bolt out fairly easily.

Oops, despite me giving you dud info. Apologies.

MACE

Reaction score

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
Sorry to revive an oldish thread but when I swapped out the plugs(horrid job on the 6's) it was no problem getting that bolt up and out for me. As I research everything 1000 times over before I do It, I was a little concerned at what I have heard about the bolt but I think I used a ratchet until I had nearly no room left the open ended shifter. But it was so long ago I can't be sure how I did it. But rest assured there is an easy way to do it once I remember I'll let you all know haha.