Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MACE CAI Manifold Insulators ???

mattakaspeeedy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 BT1
Just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with these and how they perform ? better bottom end, increse fuel economy ect ect...? Do you have to get a custom tune ? Thanks :)

wizeabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I've got a set on my Alloytec, keeps the engine cooler, it seems to be better with take off but that could just be in my head though.

I did get my car Dynoed but the results ain't purely the insulator, so I can't tell you the actual performance gains on my car with just the insulator. I did notice that when I installed the set that my fuel usage dropped by .1 of a litre in city driving, I'm also a bit of a lead foot though.

If you're just getting the insulators then don't worry about getting a tune unless that will be the only mod you got planned or done. A tune wouldn't hurt it though. My car isn't tuned just because I've got a few more things to do before making it worthwhile.

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
do a search, there are a bunch of results that have good info... they are currently $150 delivered if you mention your from this site. I should be putting mine on tomorrow night

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
yeah champ u can feel a slight difference keeps the manifold cooler and i rekon it drops fuel consuption slightly but well worth the money

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ive got the manifold and plenum on my eco, i noticed the plenum is cool to touch even after driving in midday heat for like 20min, i recommend getting them

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
put my MI on and changed the spark plugs last night (c**t of a job...). forgot one of the vac hoses so is was hell lumpy when i started it up, OOps. I left my car for about 4hrs with the bonnet open in the shade when i got home from work and everything was still hot when i started working on it, took about 2hrs to do it all, then drove for almost an hour and the manifold was cooler then than when i put it back on after doing the work :D:D:D. 2nd gear definitely feels like it has more 'go' and it generally feels more lively (that could be due to the plugs too). price-wise, FANTASTIC mod