Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mace TB on VP 5ltr

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
So spending the last few days trawling through the copious amounts of threads here I've seen nothing specific to my question / topic..... so here goes....

Has anyone here bought and fitted the MACE 70mm TB to a VP 304 5ltr ?? - Any suggestions as to the ease of fitting.. I have referred to MACE's website looking at the fitting instructions but they are for the V6.

So, does anyone here have any feedback or suggestions as far as removal / fitting the TB for the 5ltr.... any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
93SIIVP5LTR,

The main "tricky" differences with the install from memory are the injector rail covers have to come off along with the throttle body cover, which has three wing nuts underneath. You also have a crankcase rubber hose which going into the throttle body which is a little bit more difficult to throttle body then on the V6's but that all the differences are really. Unless you have cruise control then you don't have to change the throttle linkage.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Steve

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
Thanks Steve, that will help a lot mate :spot on:

MACE

Reaction score
If you still get stuck, I just found a heap of step by step pics of the TB installation for 5L on the ol hard drive :)

The purpose of these pics are to be used eventually to write up fitting instructions for the job.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Cheers
Steve

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
Should be pretty straight forward but I'll give you a burl if I get stock :hmmm:, uh I mean stuck.

Cheers Steve!! :beer chug: