Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MAFless vs HSV

gts071

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV GTS
The c4b engine are mafless from the factory.

If your in SA, go see Street Tuna (Martin) as he is pretty switched on and has some good numbers on the board.

HSV (except for c4b engines) vehicles have the same engine (until the VZ's) as the standard Holden range, the main differences are exhaust and tune. With the quality of the tuning software (and more so the tuners) autos can be tune to 190-220rwkw depending on mods, and the manuals can be around 210-240rwkw depending on mods.

Recommend mods are intake & exhaust, another good mod is change the diff gears to 3.9's. No extra power but you will find the acceleration a little more zippy. Not sure but you may wish to check if you have the LS1 or LS6 manifold, if the LS1 you may wish to change to the LS6 or a fast version.
Since you already have these you may wish to visit a tuner and seek their advice before you make a decision. Personally I went for the 1&3/4 DF extractors, custom twin 3" exhaust (but 2.5" should be fine), Ballistic racing cats from Sureflow and DUSpeed OTR.

Martin's contact details are:
web: Welcome to LS1 Turbo - LSX Turbo Kits, Gen-T Turbochargers, Gen-TT, Gen-TTR
email: [email protected]
LS1 Turbo Research and Development Centre
Corner of Wilkins and Browning Street
Gillman South Australia 5013
Phone: Intl +61 8 8341 0400 (08 8341 0400 for callers inside Aus)

danz_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss ute 5.7
mate i have a 02 vu ss and i have just gotten myself 4into 1 full xforce twin system and a otr cai done on a economical mafless tune i produced 255rwkw and the guy said if i wanted he prob could have tweaked to get 5 maybe 10kw more i was getting around 930km to a tank after it was done prob about 770 to 820 max on distance and around 600 around town 400 if right foot gets excited and my ute is a m6 as well not auto
chuck ya growler been told there nothing but waste of money otr is the way to go and with the right tuner u will give u the kick in the bum ride your looking for
the guy from S&S racing in melb is unreal