Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magnaflow mufflers on VE SS??

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Fair enough not a strictly clinical comparo because of fuel type, the OP was interested in sound mods mainly, just saying for $350 do the VE R8s and pre-cat delete for beefy torque / sound and better drivability, or spend ~$900 for VE R8 + Hi-Flow and it will sound good and loud down low and bark up top.
Sounds more sporty because it is actually making a sporty difference !

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
At the end of the day, anything that replaces the the factory manifolds with a better design is going to improve flow. On a VE, it's about an hours job to fit HSV extractors and cats, so yes, it is worth the excercise if you can find them cheap enough.

To the OP, why fit a set of $1100 mufflers to try and improve the sound of a $500 exhaust? I would get rid of the XForce completely and fit a Manta. I can send you the cat back for $1195.

I think I have spoken to you on FB already.

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
You can get a set of Magnaflows delivered from the US for around $700. They do sound good on the Pontiac, I would also consider a set of Flowmasters.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
You can get a set of Magnaflows delivered from the US for around $700. They do sound good on the Pontiac, I would also consider a set of Flowmasters.

^^ drone may be fine not to drone on your manual, still sub standard Chinese quality via a US port.

gmoulds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS M6
^^ drone may be fine not to drone on your manual, still sub standard Chinese quality via a US port.

I only have Magnaflow Centre on a Hurricane system, Mate has Magnaflow full system on a Auto Sedan, he has family in US so imported. Sounds good and No drone, but a bit loud for my 5am starts otherwise I would have similar. Definately USA product, better than similar here and not a cheap knock off.
When I bought my cente paid $140 delivered, Same muffler hear from Magnaflow Distributer was $389

In saying that, have been talking to NAAF about a Manta system to replace my Hurricane

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
MagnaFlow are made in the USA, not China.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Copied from your link:

magnaflow style performance muffler is characterised as follows:

They call it a Magnaflow or magnaflow. MagnaFlow is a registered trademark, capital M, capital F, the Chinese copy is careful not to use the capitals the same way.

From the MagnaFlow website:

As a market leader, we proudly manufacture all of our products in the USA using premium components and the latest technology. Our products range from direct-fit converters and cat-back systems to universal mufflers and builder’s kits for fabricating your own custom system. As an ISO-9001 certified company we believe in our product’s ability to perform and back it up with a lifetime warranty.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a turd. Anyone in China can make copies.