Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Magna's!

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Dunno bout you guys... but every stock V6 Commodore owner I've talked to, says they get whipped when taking on stock TJ Magna's. On paper, the TJ Magna is quicker. Wonder what the difference would be between a TJ and a VT with the same mods? i.e exhaust, CAI, simple stuff.

Anyone else noticed this?

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
what year is the TJ? my mate used to try and outrun me, he had a late model VR-X with that crap sport tiptronic slushbox, he never got me, even when i had a bootful of groceries one day :rofl:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
TJ is like 2000 I think

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
EcotecManiac said:
what year is the TJ? my mate used to try and outrun me, he had a late model VR-X with that crap sport tiptronic slushbox, he never got me, even when i had a bootful of groceries one day :rofl:

Hmm, I see you've got a 5sp though, so you'll probably eat any auto V6, no matter badge is on it!

:yeah:

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
FROGi said:
Hmm, I see you've got a 5sp though, so you'll probably eat any auto V6, no matter badge is on it!

:yeah:
especially when i get a bigger clutch! it slips a little, the VT isn't as light as i would like it to be

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Haha!

Although it'd be interesting to see how a 5spd VT and a 5spd TJ go against each other...

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
i'd like to see an XU-6 with a 6 speed behind it. would have some potential....

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
Hmm, definately.

I reckon a 4spd auto TJ would be quicker than a 4sp auto VT... whaddaya reckon?

Z

Z()LTAN

their lighter and have totally different power delivery, may b faster, but they get sick real quick alround crapola, i know ppl that have spent 1000's on them to make them run properly and still nuttin, they go through transmissions like toilet paper