Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

magnatec in a ve ss

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
i purchased a ve ss 2006 yesterday with 88k on the clock, i am going to service it myself, just wondering about magnatec as it is cheaper and im on a bit of a budget at the moment as i just bought the car, i know there are probably plenty of threads but i cant seem to find the right one, i use to ust it in my vx 5.7 without any dramas, also just wondering what else i should do for the 90k service since im doing it myself, any suggestions would be great, cheers

Shamous69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09
I'm not sure about the V8 models but the 3.6's run more fuel efficient with a semi or fully synthetic oil.. obviously you will get what you pay for, but I guess just check that it meets the required specifications for the engine (should be in your handbook).
If it was me, I wouldn't use it, but engine oil isn't something that I stick to a budget with either, I think it's worth paying a bit extra

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I will be changing the oil every 7500 km as well

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
mate, magnatec will be fine. if youre happy with it then keep on using it. as long as you remember to keep up with the oil changes, you wont have any problems

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
your on a budget and just went out and bought a ve ss , v8 that guzzels fuels...LOL the things people do to have a real nice car ...

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
"magnatec as it is cheaper and im on a bit of a budget "

HELL!, I always kept away from Magnatec 'cause of the price!...Using only 20/50 Valvoline when on special, (in my ecotec) Oil changes at 6500 - 7000K's, engine was quiet as a mouse, and 'smooth as' after 225000K's.......have I been missled?

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Well on a budget for the first service anyway just after spending that much money, just want to put fresh oil and filter on it so I know it's right, anything else I should replace after just buyin a second hand car

corza3

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
I get picked up and dropped off for work so only really gets driven on weekends so won't have much of a problem with racking up km and paying heaps for fuel

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
Well when i got my vx, for the first serviced i replaced the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, Spark plugs & leads, flush the radiator and replace the thermostat and check gearbox and brake fluids.