Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mags center cap issue

connorw

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VL
hey guys,
I'm trying to fit so vz calais rims on my vl. Rears go on nicely but the center caps on the front wont push in. anyone else had the same problem?? I originally thought it was because the axle dust cap is banged up and out of shape and wouldn't allow it to slide on but i think its because the dust cap sits out to far. Is there anything else i could use on the axle?? Also out of curiosit,y does anyone know where to buy the dust caps from because they seem impossible to find in mackay.

Thanks all

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
If they're the same as my VE rims on my vl. I had to throw the rims on a lathe and cut the little lip that hits on the hub. Cost me $50, but that was through a mate. Just take them to your local engineer with a big farrrk off lathe and see what he can do :)

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
hey guys,
I'm trying to fit so vz calais rims on my vl. Rears go on nicely but the center caps on the front wont push in. anyone else had the same problem?? I originally thought it was because the axle dust cap is banged up and out of shape and wouldn't allow it to slide on but i think its because the dust cap sits out to far. Is there anything else i could use on the axle?? Also out of curiosit,y does anyone know where to buy the dust caps from because they seem impossible to find in mackay.

Thanks all

that would be the answer there, you will need smaller dust caps or maybe spacers behind the wheels.