Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Make my car sound louder

frozenfish

Reaction score
how can i make my car sound louder??? should i just put extractors in?? and what else do i do??

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i got extractors 2.5" zorst and a small cannon on my vl and when i come home my mum says she can hear me comming off the highway which is about 300+ metres away, thats plenty loud enough.... cops havnt pulled me up for it...yet! but im sure it wont be long till they do

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
its a big muffler at the end of an exhaust system usally used by ricers, ill see if i can find a pic and ill post it for ya

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is one to give you an idea i was told they dont make much of a difference after the sposts system but i dont know coz i put all of mine on at the same time

Last edited:

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Free flowing cat converter, good diameter exhaust, not too silly, and a quality performance muffler as quiet as a mouses fart...stealthy... :D

Or, three inch straight thru, single stright thru muffler, and 5" cannon out the back, angled of course...maaaaate

Oh, sorry...I thought you wanted one for a Honda Civic.... :rice: :D

PEAKN6

Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbros.co.nr
Members Ride
1982 VH SL/X 6cyl 4spd, soon to be a Mild 253
get the cat and knock out the middle of it. or u could replace your cat with a hotdog muffler and take the back box of just running strait out the back. not sure but might work.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
"Knock the center out of the cat converter"......? Oh dear oh dear.....where do I even start to comment on the illegalities of doing that.... :D

Last I heard, the friendly EPA officers will slap you with something like $2000 or more for running a car without a catalytic converter...could be more now. "Couldn't happen to me"? Really. My brother had his 2 year old V6 Commodore tested by a roadside test of some sort by the transport department (he's not exactly mechanically minded, so couldn't unfortunately explain to me exactly what they did... :b: ...but I assume it was some sort of basic gas analyser) and was "officially warned" that his emissions were reaching the "limit". When he commented, gobsmacked, that the car was only a couple of years old, the officer shrugged and said that not many people know that at most catalytic converters only "do thier job" for somewhere between two and six years before they should be replaced...so technically most people are driving around with illegal cat converters, and if the feds wanted to be nasty, could slap everyone with massive fines...nice. :bang:

Better off spending money on a high-flow converter and trying to keep legal....saves a lot of hassel in the long run....monetary type hassels... :embarrass