Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

make use of mivr fascia

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
make use of my vr fascia

ok i found out how to do this in a street commodores magazine, thought i would give it a go for myself, basically its making a custom looking place for some gauges in my commodre there are 2 pictures i have not completed the project yet as im not sure whether to go white or black, considering i have white seat covers, and my car is white im thinking white cos its easier to hav a different colour rather than having two diff color blacks, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.JPG
    IMG_0963.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
that looks pretty sweet, how do you do it?

Got a picture of ur interior might help picture the colour.

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
well haha took a while

went to the wreckers and got another fascia, cut the whole back out of it, took a bit of 3mm mdf and cut it to size, slighlty smaller than the hole just incase, then got the budget gauges off a mate, measured them using a hole saw cut out the holes. then its a matter of filling with car filler and sanding.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yea nice :p got custom interior yet or working on that too?

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
hey there
i was thinking about doing the same thing, but my engine is a stock V6 , so what 2 gauges would i be able to put in with out modifying anything.. i love the look of em. how much would 2 new or used gauges cost? and how hard is it to hook the actual gauge itself to hook up?

cheers

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
haha

well in relation to hooking them up i dunnno how to do it, my vr is standard as well just hav an exhaust , i bought the gauges off mi mate but i only did it cos i wanted to see how it turned out. but yea if ne one knows how to hook the gauges up can u let me know cos i wanna paint it then put it in

hoppersvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
and nah i dont have custom interior, ive just got AXS throwovers, but im going to get a white gear boot and a white handbrake boot, so im trying to go white and black ont he interior