Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Malaysia

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
well I know few years ago my grandfather used to go every 6mths or so & buy digital cameras, software, DVDs etc.... & that was all very well priced.

My mum goes next month.... she is hoping for the bargins too! lol (so am I - wonder what cool pressies Ill get ;))

D.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Kenster84 said:
:whistling i take it you gave it a try and work?

No! I had a chinese malaysian girlfriend but I did take notice that alot of her native malay friends were super super almost impossible cute

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Patrio7 said:
oh and stuff the ipod, get a creative vision M they are the shiznit all over ipod video

oh heck definitely

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Bargain Buying Rules

1. Know what you want to buy before you leave, and have a good idea on Aussie prices for those particular models. They will have more models there, with some seemingly cheap - so cheap (quality wise) that they are not brought to Aus.

2. Don't haggle unless you are ready/willing to buy. I like to start haggling with the place asking the highest price. More fun. (Best reduction I have achieved is from 5,500 Baht (Thailand) down to 150.

3. Don't buy electronics unless the "sale" price (as against RRP) for the exact same model in Aus is at least 50% more.

You are more likely to get good deals at places like Georgetown (Penang) than KL, but if you are careful there are some good prices.

An interesting sideline is that, because of software piracy, games hardware is really not cheaper than Aus. Here they make a killing on games, and are willing to let the consoles go cheap to hook you into their market share. In Malaysia they need to make money on the consoles as they won't get many people paying full whack for games.

In conclusion, I can guarantee that they will be better hagglers than you are, so be careful. Be confident of what you are willing to pay before you start, and don't get drawn along.