Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Maloo hardlid, no lock

Matt Watkins

Reaction score
Members Ride
14’ VF HSV Maloo
I’ve got a non-R8 2014 Maloo,

the bloke I purchased it off however had fitted the R8 Tailgate and hard lid, meaning there is no locking latch mechanism or harnessing in the car due to the non-R8’s coming with a HSV tarp cover for the tray.

Literally anyone can go up to my car and lift the hard lid open which is not fun…

anyways, is there a chance anyone whether it’s holden servicing or HSV could help me get one put in?

Probably a stretch.. but it would be nice to be able to have my car 100% locked for that peace of mind.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I’ve got a non-R8 2014 Maloo,

the bloke I purchased it off however had fitted the R8 Tailgate and hard lid, meaning there is no locking latch mechanism or harnessing in the car due to the non-R8’s coming with a HSV tarp cover for the tray.

Literally anyone can go up to my car and lift the hard lid open which is not fun…

anyways, is there a chance anyone whether it’s holden servicing or HSV could help me get one put in?

Probably a stretch.. but it would be nice to be able to have my car 100% locked for that peace of mind.
The R8 tailgate should have a locking latch in the middle of the inner panel, above the tailgate release lever.
It has a stainless 'ski ramp' over it to protect it when unloading the tub.
The hard lid has a lock loop in the middle, with a popper on each side of the loop to crack the lid open when released.
Better talk to a HSV dealer to see if it's retrofittable.
Here's a few pics from an E3, pretty sure Gen F is the same.
_DEW4875.JPG
_DEW4891.JPG
_DEW4916.JPG
_DEW4917.JPG