Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man buys an old farm and finds....

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
what a score, some of those would be worth a bit now

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
not all of them, some were very common in their day & in the condition they are not worth much. But the formulas would be, along with Porsches, Lotus. Stuff like some of the minis, cortinas, datsuns etc... cant see them fetch any money in crap condition.

also check this..... http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people...902/index.html

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT BerlinaWagon/VZ exec wagon
ka ching!!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
the porche 356's in there are worth a bit, we have one at work and the price for one is at the $60,000 mark, all the older model T types are also worth a bit,
condition wise it doesnt matter as much as say a commodore, they will hold value for what it is.
the cheapest car in there would still be worth a few grand too.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
the mini's are worth $10k-$20k each.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
As much as I love finding urban myths, I have a sneaking suspicion that this one might just be true...

A little bit of study of the pictures shows ALL the cars having an equal coating of dust, cobwebs, and bird crap, and half deflated tyres...those cars haven't moved anywhere for, I would estimate, five to maybe ten years, depending on how well-sealed and dry that shed is.
There is a picture of the rusted door latch as well, of the same standard as the rest of the photos, kinda indicating it was taken with the same camera.

As for the values...yeah, there are plenty of very rare and desireable cars in there...for one, look at the Bristol 404 Flamina coupe...that alone would be worth far more than the sweetest brand new HSV Commodore you can imagine. I also notice cars which, like someone said, were common in their day, but don't think that means "worthless". Take for instance the cars there like the Hillman Imp California, the Volvo 444, the Saab 93, the Simca, the Nash Metropolitan, christ, even the 240Z behind the red Mini Cooper...these were all quite "ordinary" cars which were very common back in the day, but for that precise reason, they were simply driven into the ground and abused to death...any that have survived in even run-down condition are now worth very good money indeed. Look at it this way...go back fifteen or twenty years ago and think of how many LJ Toranas there used to be around, from hotted up ones to little-old-lady ones...they were as common as buggery, and a very popular small car for Holden...how many do you see now...? More to the point, what would you pay for a good original six cylinder manual four door basic model LJ if you found one in a shed...
Personally, just drop that white Alfa Romeo 1900 Supersprint (third and fifth picture up from the bottom, beside a white Mini) in my shed and I'd be quite happy...:thumbsup: :yeah:

Outlaw Torn

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 FORD EA Falcon (So sue me)
here i was buzzing out over finding a tin of arsenated lead.....

What an awesome find!!!