Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man Dons Mask for Speed-Camera Photos

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i thought this was pretty funny

Driver Wears Monkey Mask in Speed-Camera Tickets

Not one of them there is a picture where you can identify the driver," said Dave Vontesmar, a flight attendant who works at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. "The ball's in their court. I sent back all these ones I got with a copy of my driver's license and said, 'It's not me. I'm not paying them.' "
But police disagree and say they've been watching him closely.
"We watched him four different times put the monkey mask on and put the giraffe-style mask on," Officer Dave Porter told AZcentral.com. "Based on surveillance, we were positive that Vontesmar was the driver."
Still, Vontesmar is confident that he won't have to pay the fines, which could exceed $6,500.
"It's obviously a revenue grab," he said of the new photo-enforcement program. "They're required by law to ID the driver of the vehicle. If they can't identify the driver or the vehicle by the picture, what are they doing to identify the driver?"
Arizona police are having a hard time getting a lot of speeders to pay tickets they receive in the mail

also
no-one cares if you think speed cameras are awesome or the devil. or if you got caught doing 250km because you weren't looking at your speedo and wtf the cops targetted you! keep it out of this thread

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I don't get it, change the laws so the owner of the vehicle is responsible, not the id of the driver, let the owner prove it was someone else driving. Rather simpel fix for tossers who delibratley break the law just to try and get off fines.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
in NZ the owner of the vehicle is responsible for speed camera fines, you can fight it if it wasn't you driving i.e stolen car, but other than the previously mentioned its very unlikely to get off, its much like a parking ticket.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Can't wait till this moron has an accident because he can't see **** through that mask.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I don't get it, change the laws so the owner of the vehicle is responsible, not the id of the driver, let the owner prove it was someone else driving. Rather simpel fix for tossers who delibratley break the law just to try and get off fines.

I always thought that's how it was. If you can't prove that it wasn't you, the owner wears it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I think the way it is now, or atleast the way it is for businesses if they cant identify the driver is that you still have to pay the fine (I think its a little extra) and you dont get the points taken away.

As the owner of the car the onus should be on you to prove you werent driving it, or offer the name of who is.

Struma

Urge Surfer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Executive Ute
As the owner of the car the onus should be on you to prove you werent driving it, or offer the name of who is.

Absolutely - if he claims he wasn't driving his car he should be able to say who was or else wear the penalty himself.