Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Man escapes fine for no helmet due to religious turban.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
should just change the laws to once your 18 its not a requirement to wear a helmet.
but if you do fall/crash/stack while not wearing the helmet then bad luck, no insurance/health insurance coverages for you.

aus is, im pretty sure the only country in the world where you do have to wear a helmet.
or is one of the very few in the world. however most riders ride with one because of the safety factor.

although personally i wont ride a bike without a helmet (unless its in my own driveway/or riding from the set up to the start gates at races, which is extremely slow speeds)
ive had too many crashes, to know why you should always wear them. most recently being on rocks in competition

but still, laws should be changed to 18+ not required to wear a helmet, but if damages do occur then stiff.

as for helmets not being safe.
it all depends on the purpose.
your skatelid aint going to protect you on a DH track. nor will a full face Bike helmet protect you on a Motorbike.
all helmets have to meet a specific standard and most are designed with specific speeds in mind.
as again an example. my MTB full face is designed for slower speeds then a motorbike full face.
however all helmets have to meet, from memory DOT and SNELL standards for certification.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
should just change the laws to once your 18 its not a requirement to wear a helmet.
but if you do fall/crash/stack while not wearing the helmet then bad luck, no insurance/health insurance coverages for you.

aus is, im pretty sure the only country in the world where you do have to wear a helmet.
or is one of the very few in the world. however most riders ride with one because of the safety factor.

although personally i wont ride a bike without a helmet (unless its in my own driveway/or riding from the set up to the start gates at races, which is extremely slow speeds)
ive had too many crashes, to know why you should always wear them. most recently being on rocks in competition

but still, laws should be changed to 18+ not required to wear a helmet, but if damages do occur then stiff.

your skatelid aint going to protect you on a DH track. nor will a full face Bike helmet protect you on a Motorbike.
all helmets have to meet a specific standard and most are designed with specific speeds in mind.
as again an example. my MTB full face is designed for slower speeds then a motorbike full face.
however all helmets have to meet, from memory DOT and SNELL standards for certification.

Whilst good suggestion on paper, some crafty barrister and easily persuaded judge will set a nasty precedent if a case ever went before court.

Aussies are becoming like American's, sue for everything just because they can.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Whilst good suggestion on paper, some crafty barrister and easily persuaded judge will set a nasty precedent if a case ever went before court.

Aussies are becoming like American's, sue for everything just because they can.

good point.
its just a shame that you can look at countries like that in europe and they can ride without helmets, which is at slow speeds just to get around, yet it cant happen over here in aus.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
With the amount of morons on the road it is just a matter of time before he gets knocked off his bike and ends up in hospital.
Then it will turn into a racial attack on him.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I guess you could say this guy is fully.....sikh... had to couldn't resist.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I guess you could say this guy is fully.....sikh... had to couldn't resist.

Not wearing a helmet?, I guess you could say....he's off his head!

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
***Riding bike***

Allah! Allah! Allah!

enroh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE, 69 CAMARO!
^^

No need for racism. Sikh aren't Muslim afaik.

The problem is not that he got off because of his religion, its that rules aren't common sense, there is no black and white.

If someone had a head deformity and physically couldn't wear a helmet, it wouldn't have been a problem because any reasonable copper would never have booked him, just like they shouldn't have booked this fellow because he couldn't physically wear it...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport

We're one of two countries where its enforced.

There was actually a study a while ago as to whether they are bike helmets are necessary for adults and it was found that they can actually cause more damage and their recommendations were that the law be removed for over 18s.

Funny thing is the bike laws have actually had a negative impact if anything and 1/3 less of the population now ride bikes compared to when the law wasn't mandatory.