Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manifold insulators

big dino

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yea but ya always want more lol the only problem i got at the moment is its tune on 98 octane fuel and fuel aint cheap

gjvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagz
yea but ya always want more lol the only problem i got at the moment is its tune on 98 octane fuel and fuel aint cheap

hey mate, how did it go? have u installed and dyno'd?

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
Hey guys, finally install my insulators today seem to do the job took it for a quick drive a few hours after installing, got it up to temp when i got home the intake manifold was COLD......NICE will comment next week see if i can see a change in power and fuel eco

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Hey Squawk, A reset of the ECU also help a bit I found.. Give it a go. :)

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
Cheers Danoz, my mate does VCM tuning so hopefully will get a tune done in the next few weeks, how do you reset the ECU?

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
Lucky you.. I wish I could afford a tune! If you open up your fuse box in the engine bay at the top there are a row of coloured fuses. I think the ECU is the RED 10A fuse but check on the bottom of the cover to make sure. Grab some long nose pliers and pull it out. Wait 10 mins just to be sure it loses power and then plug it back in. Your car will do funny things for the first few mins of the first drive dont worry about it... Then in about 20 mins it should have learned the new paramaters. Cant hurt to give your MAF a clean with contact cleaner as well. Made a helluva difference to my exec when i did it last week.

Good luck matey. :)

squawk

squawk
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive, A4
cheers mate i'll give it a go and give my MAF a clean looked rather dirty when i had it apart when installing the insulators, will let you know how it goes