Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manifold on standard 304

LT2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubsport Series 1
Hi guys i have a chance to by a harrop dual plane manifold with 1000cfm throttle body and white top injectors. My question is would this make much of a difference putting it on a pretty much standard 304? Would i just be wasting my time or is it worth putting it on? Also would i need to get my Memcal Tuned to suit this? Any help would be great. Cheers.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
you'd probably get some gains, but not a lot.
factory manifold works well on a stock or even mildly modified engine.

but yeah if you did go ahead with it, you'd need a tune to suit.
If you don't plan on any other mods in the near future, I'd probably just stick with the standard injectors though.

However, if you have future upgrade plans for the engine, and it's a good deal then go for it. Whilst you may not pick up a much power now, if you mod the engine later it will work to your benefit.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
did you ask your mechanic what he was on about with the air flow meter?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
yeah i wouldnt bother either although u will see little gain.

are you staying with stock motor?just that when you sent me a pm bout the setup you said you was getting a motor built

Noakesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN exec wagon v8 VN sv3800 5 speed
I have built a couple 304's for mates and always had them come back for a manifold upgrade. These thins were pretty tame till u whack on a better manifold. If u want hp change it if u don't then don't simple

GTS69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS GTS & VT XU6
depends on the bigger plans if you expect to just do the manifold and have 50+hp increase dont bother you may see 10-20hp up top but you will loose a little torque a manifold change like this is best done with a cam change to make use of the increased flow.
If you still plan to go ahead with the manifold and no cam you wont need the injectors the factory items will be fine, you will need a tune and a map sensor as well so you can tune it without the maf and there arnt that many tuners around that do that so it will cost you a pretty penny.

Using the right cam and that manifold setup you might see around 50-80rwhp and still you wouldnt need much more than the factory blue top injectors from a factory stroker motor you can normaly find them for around $100 but if you can find some white tops at a good price they will give you more room to move later if you do more.

The best thing for you to do now is decide where you wanna go and take it from there that way your not wasting money and time going in the wrong directions.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
if you dont end up buying it you should hook me up if its a good deal :)

im looking at manifold options now but theres too many to choose from