Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Conversion (aZk - Project :M:)

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
it is removed if you actually have a flywheel, i sum how managed to buy a adapter one that bolts to the auto flex plate.. marks 4wd apater or sumin

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
yer my car went in for a manual coversion last saturday they said will b finished wednesday at the latest after goin in there everyday asking about it hearing ''it will b done tomrorow'' about 3 times. finially everythign is in and speedo not working. hopefully it will b done tomorrow if not **** IT im taking it weather its working or not because it drivable

did they do it all, as in you didnt need to find the parts? i need one of those places!!!

winton

black+manual+19's=sex
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs SS II 5speed vx gts 19's
nope only thing i went and brought was a clutch. they have suplied a full manual conversion and when the parts didnt fit they found a replacement part free of charge as they should

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
it is removed if you actually have a flywheel, i sum how managed to buy a adapter one that bolts to the auto flex plate.. marks 4wd apater or sumin

??? Never seen a manual without a flywheel before. Anybody go pics or can let me know what happens here? What do you bolt the clutch to?

Reaper

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
since you got al the parts delivered from sydney, would you be able to tell us where abouts in syd you got em from?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
??? Never seen a manual without a flywheel before. Anybody go pics or can let me know what happens here? What do you bolt the clutch to?

Reaper

I had to do some reading on this. what they actually do is make a special thin flywheel that bolts to the old flex plate via the torque converter bolts. which gives you the 8 bolts for the clutch.

taken from this page on marks 4wd

LN60 LFS VN S2 VP

If you are fitting the V6 engine to a 5-speed you will require the flywheel and starter motor if you can't find one, the V6 automatic flex plate can be used with our flywheel and starter motor.