Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual conversion for VZ senator

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
Can any1 give me a rough idea on how much it would cost to convert a VZ senator 4 speed auto to a 6 speed manual? and the difficulty involved. cheers

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
Nice car =D
Think it would be faster, easier and cheaper to buy a manual one

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
yeh it would be easier but senators didnt come in manuals. only slush box 4 speeds.

Junny

purrrrrr
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo + shitty painted vp
what the... i could of sworn i saw one manual when i was looking for them....

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
A lot of coin. I was told that just finding a manual box wouldn't be cheap. I'm talking thousands!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
talk to andyman, he converted his 4 speed vz to a 5 speed manual.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
From Andys post ... http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...139459-car-has-****-itself-2.html#post1571896

it cost me $5000 to convert my (VZ) wagon to manual, that was just parts alone, if you are paying someone to do it and hasnt done any research into how to change the wiring and do some computer trickery youll be pissing atleast 1000 bucks to get it sorted,

breakdown, for me,

cheap conversion kit $1500
clutch at heavily discounted price was $1500
new tailshaft at right length, $900 (cant cut and shut or swap pieces anymore - excpet some)
other ancilary bits and pieces, $600

if you have a 175 motor and its and it in a sedan or wagon you will loose about 10-20 fwhp as to get it to it to work somewhat normally youll need a holden tech 2 and vcm suite, holden to re-program the car to a sv6 and vcm suite to disable the fault codes for the oxy sensors and variable valve timing, as when you program it to the sv6 it loads the 190 software, it has exhaust vvt and different oxy sensor setup, thus with the 175 missing it has a dummy spit and shuts down both systems, you can program it as a ute, but your fuel guage stops working correctly, - only goes to 3/4 ish when full and looses about 30L on the guage, so telling you that you only get roughy 200km's to a tank around town,

to do the conversion properly you need a level 1 car (calais is level 3) a 190 motor and the 6sp box, dont hold me to it but it might work on a level 3 car if you cut and shut the dash wiring to suit

Not sure whats involved with the HSV's but that was the experience with the V6 Alloytec

Last edited: