Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual conversion kit

VN-88

fiery red vn manual
Reaction score
victoria , lakes entrance, u live there tell me!!
Members Ride
vn v6 s1 manual
i bought a whole s1 manual car, and did it myself, new clutch kit for 300 and adaptor plate as they have different size cranks for 380.

then i had to buy a new manual as i blew reverse, second hand reco from a vr cost me 600 delivered.

so as a guess id say this
600 for t5
about 200 for driveshaft
pedals 50
100 for hydraluics
flywheel 150
300 for clutch

so about 1,400

S

Sleak_VS

A vn t5 will not fit as it is a cable clutch where everything from series2 vs on use a hydraulic clutch and they went to the getrag gearbox. I did the manual conversion in my series 1 vs, and all up it cost me $2000 with a custom made clutch (box and kit was $1500)

MBS206

Reaction score
Mine cost me $1400 when i did it all myself into a VR.

I have a full step by step guide to doing the conversion also. (I wrote it)

B

butta

prices for conversion

Solid_snake01 said:
Hey im just wondering how much would it cost to change an auto VX commodore to manual? Ive heard its pricey but id just like to know a ballpark figure or if anyone else has done it?
Cheers
just wondering if you had got a price on converting your car to manual as i want to do the same thing to my VT supercharged v6

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
butta said:
just wondering if you had got a price on converting your car to manual as i want to do the same thing to my VT supercharged v6
For a manual conversion into the VT - VY super6 Mal Woods Auto did it using a close ratio T56 (012). They supplied flywheel/pressureplate/clutch kit, gearbox, crossmember, tailshaft. The pedal box assembley etc you would have to sort out. Then some one has to sort out the wiring for reverse lights and the Vehicle speed sensor plus reverse gear lock out.

I believe it came to a cost of $6500 and maybe a bit more.

Cheers

Deek

SIKVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina N/A V6 3.8
it really suxs arse in nz as ive looked on trademe and da wrecker wants like $3500 for a conversion whereas i can pick a whole car up for like $1500
also its come time to replace the auto as it keeps getting stuck in 2nd gear and winds out to like 3500rpm and it sounds like its gone