Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual conversion wiring

Nastas

Reaction score
Well the chance has come up for me to get all the hardware i need for a manual conversion into my VS1 using a Vp a mate bought for the motor.

Now the pedal box, bellhousing etc should bolt up fine as long as i get the flywheel ballanced to match the auto flexplate. Where im getting confused is with the wiring.

It looks like i have 2 options.
1. Find a manual loom and pcm memcal etc
2. modify the loom and get a new memcal.

option 1 is rare and expensive so looks like im going option 2.

Unfortunatly im a lil unsure of the exact procedure for this.

1. Cut off auto loom leaving pink (power), wire pink to positive on manual speed sensor, earth manual speed sensor then snip the blue/white wire from the auto speed sensor and wire into manual speed sensor.
2. At the PCM repin the blue/white wire (the one now wired to the manual speed sensor) from C6 to D2. Cut c5 (speedo) and splice into D2. Cut D5.

This should then rewire the loom to the manual version. Would this then allow me to use a manual Memcal in the auto PCM or do i still have to get an auto memcal modified. Will this show up a CEL or cause the car to stall when slowing down?

Also by doing this do i still have to short out the neutural start switch? What wire colours am i looking to short out? Aswell as what colour wires are the reverse lights?

Hope i make sense as ive been reading thru thread after thread all day and nothing has given me exactly what im after.

Mafo81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5 speed manual
this has possible helped me with mine, i have a manual vs that i converted and have had no speedo for a year. i have a manual computer in it which plugs straight into the auto loom but still cant get my speedo going, does what you say work?? why do you have to change wires at the computer?

shanepool

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon and vx ss
hey guys i might no how 2 fix both or your problems i converted my vr 2 manual and 2 get ur speedo 2 work theres a wire u have 2 find on ur computer im not sure withc 1 cus yours is a vs all it does is stop the signal gettin mixd up from the computer and the pcm and it allso makes no diffrents weither its a manual computer and auto computer the only things is with the auto on the shiffter the wires that switch it on2 park and so on click that into nuatral and ur car should start and 2 get ur speedo 2 work go 2 and auto electrition they shud sort it out if they no wot there doing i dunno if that helps but if u have got any questions u want me 2 help ya out more with just let me no