Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Gear Knob Removal ????

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
Hi Peoples

Does any one know how to remove the manual gear knob

Its a 6sp VZ V6

I cant work it out, is there some trick im missing?????

Last edited:

greengoose999

vz SV6 ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed M6 Ls1 Calais
yep. unclip the boot so its loose at the bottom then lift it up over the knob and under the knob there is 4 plastic like clips that hold it in place so you just have to keep those open and slides off unless you still have the standard knob because holden glue the knob on which isnt nescessary when you put a new one on. and the new one will just slide on and sit in place. i changed my 6spd knob from the standard one to a red leather one with the silver insert.

tysonsvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute m6
if it is as same as ss- just take the surround off undo the two bolts then lift knob striaght up out of the stick(do not turn) as you will break the location slots- then sillicone the knob back onto the stick

btw- does anyone use the search tool anymore- there are so many questions asked 3 and 4 times over in the space of a couple of months

sorry to winge haha

Kung-Foo-Kamel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom Hilux with a V6 Ecotec
if it is as same as ss- just take the surround off undo the two bolts then lift knob striaght up out of the stick(do not turn) as you will break the location slots- then sillicone the knob back onto the stick

btw- does anyone use the search tool anymore- there are so many questions asked 3 and 4 times over in the space of a couple of months

sorry to winge haha

M8 I spent hours searching through this forum and found all sorts of other **** about shifters and gearboxs, some of it quite interesting, but I couldnt find didly squot on how to remove the gear shift knob on a 6sp Aisin Gearbox