Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Manual Override for Electric Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Haha, this thread has almost turned to gold!

It doesn't matter how idiot proof you make something, someone will make a better idiot.

In the case of the thread starter, its quite obvious they are responsible parents, and his wife was looking after the kids. So all the off topic posts really mean nothing.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Obviously standard commo's work differently...If my mrs is in the car, I simply lock then unlock using my remote when i get out radio etc all works for 1 hr Unless the door is opened.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Obviously standard commo's work differently...If my mrs is in the car, I simply lock then unlock using my remote when i get out radio etc all works for 1 hr Unless the door is opened.

why not just leave her the keys:p:whistling

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Oakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon

Actually I hadn't thought of it that way. I went and tried it and it did make a difference, however the windows only stayed active for about 3 minutes.

I like the idea of putting a momentary action switch in to reactivate the timer, that is basically what I was after. Where some posters in this thread got the idea that I wanted permanently "live" windows is beyond my imagination.

And as for the one going on about the "What If...." situations. What if you were a passenger in the car, the keys were not left with you and for some reason you needed to wind the windows up to protect either yourself, your children or the car itself. What would you do then? Whilst I appreciate your views, and I whole heartedly agree with them, please don't make this simple question political, it was not asked for and is totally not necessary.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
Whilst I appreciate your views, and I whole heartedly agree with them, please don't make this simple question political, it was not asked for and is totally not necessary.

Maybe, certainly they did no harm until Immortality got concerned with the usage of cyberspace! Certainly I thought perhaps it was necessary to spell out a few "what ifs" since you couldnt even forsee a simple "what if" in the event of it raining and walked away with the keys!....and didnt consider the safety of your family either.
I know you only made up your "what if" about your wife on the spot, but wouldnt it be prudent to leave her the keys so she could drive away if trouble arrived?
Certainly you've attached a bit too much importance to yourself to define what is relevant and not, Im sure a lot of people have read this thread and will probably take on board the hazards that power windows can bring and possibly prevent a needless "accident" happening in the circles they move in.

Last edited:

Oakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
...you couldnt even forsee a simple "what if" in the event of it raining and walked away with the keys!

.....Certainly you've attached a bit too much importance to yourself to define what is relevant...

Yes the weather can change that fast up here. Funny, I thought you were coming up with mature arguments. As I said before, I agree with what you are saying so why are you resorting to personal attacks??

Let's straighten a few things out here, firstly I did not make up the scenario about my wife, it actually happened. Secondly, I do not recall, nor can I find anywhere in my last posts where I questioned the relevance of your arguments, and lastly, I have addressed the issue of leaving her with the keys and as I have already stated, it was a force of habit to take the keys with me.

Please, in future posts, don't let your emotions ruin the "RELEVANT" arguments you are putting forward.

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
You could have just thanked me for my insight into safety issues with power windows and moved on, or not said anything at all. But no, what did we get:
please don't make this simple question political, it was not asked for and is totally not necessary.
, thanks very much.

You were the one telling me what I posted was TOTALLY NOT NECESSARY like I was some naughty child or something and that you should decide on what people should offer in reply. I'll play nice with anyone, but you go firing shots at me ......., Ill give it back in buckets!

Personal attack? Dont do those, but yes I did point out that there is perhaps a problem in someone who couldnt forsee a problem in walking away with the keys wanting to modify a potentially dangerous area of the car.

Last edited:

Oakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
Thankyou to those who provided me with useful information. I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people when I say that this thread has answered the original question I asked. I am grateful for your assistance. Cheers.

hightekhosting

had no choice
Reaction score
Website
www.hightekhosting.com.au
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 V6
I'm going to stop this right here before too many more words get said that may insult not only the people involved, but other JC viewers/members.

Play nice boys...or I'll sick the mod's onto you and they bite...trust me on that one!

Mods will reopen this thread if they see fit...if they don't, then their decision is final.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.