Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

manual problems

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
hey guys,
ive noticed everytime before i turn off the car, or even just as i turn it on while the car is in nuetral it makes a funny noise from the engine bay. the noise sounds like a deep clicking noise and happens when the clutch is pushed down and released. the noise isnt there or not as noticable when the clutch is depressed slowly. what can it be?

also when the car is turned off a beep is heard for a few seconds and clicks off, wondering what that was.

thanks guys

Haluigi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 ssv g8 ute
I've got the click too. Think it's just slight rattle of the clutch cable ey. Also noticeable if your in 2nd and push the clutch in round mid rev range.

morrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 06
clutch cable? as far as i know there is no clutch cable bud

forriesv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
I think the beeping and clicking is the throttle body after ther ignition is turned off. Mine does it everytime.

With the strange noise I had a slight knocking noise (complained from pick up/delivery) coming from what appeared to be the right hand side of the engine bay, towards the fire wall (around the gauge cluster I thought), evident during starting and shutdown of the engine.
I could hear the noise when moving off from stationary up until changing to third when road noise would take over. I thought a hose/insulation was rubbing on something.
I took the car back to the dealership for investigation and was told that the car was under warranty and not to worry because if the problem gets worse I'm covered by this, or if it got worse, I could just sell the car. SHAME ON YOU.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!
So i went to another dealership who actually spent more time fault finding and not bulls******g. After a week they narrowed the noise to the clutch of all places. (yes Morow you're right they are hydraulic)
Turns out one of the springs in the clutch assembly was faulty from manufacture and this was the root cause of the noise I (and the service tech, eventually)was hearing.
2 years/28,000 km later, 1 x new clutch under warranty. ALL unusual noises gone.
I'm not sure if this is the same noise as you are hearing, but these were my findings and outcome of the situation I found myself in.
Last place I would've looked was the clutch.

Good luck

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
looks like when i have spare time im going to be going to holden to have a look, i got <2 years of warranty on it might aswell use it!